Thursday, May 22, 2008

French Dips and CAULIFOWER




I have been craving a french dip for a while, ever since I had one in Vegas last time we were there. So, I went searching through the freezer to find that roast I had in the way back. I got the recipe from http://www.recipezaar.com/23232. Great place to find a TON of recipes.

Here is the original recipe:

Ingredients
1 (5 lb) rump roast - I only had about 2.5 pound roast
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 teaspoon oregano - I didn't have any so I threw in some dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
2 instant Oxo-->instant Oxo--> or bouillon cube - I didn't have any of these
2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth - I had a 16 ounce box of beef stock
1 large onion, diced - Didn't have any in the house
Directions
Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
Cook on High for 5-6 hours or Low for 8-10.
Remove the meat from the crockpot and place on a deep plate-to collect juices.
Strain the broth well so that it is clear and no spices or onions remain.
Place in a saucepan and keep warm.
Most people prefer to keep the broth as is but you can stir in a small amount of cornstarch mixed with cold water to thicken it up just a touch.
(remember to add the juices that drain off the meat) Heat Hoaggie buns to warm and slice the meat thin.
Place a good amount of sliced meat in each of the buns and offer the Aus Jus in individual ramekins.



1 comment:

Bruce Penman said...

So like wow, this really IS all about food!