Tuesday, July 1, 2008

An addiction from my past has reared it's ugly head


Fresh mozzarella and tomatoes

Seriously people...it was a problem. Everyday for about a year I ate the same meal. At least once, but sometimes twice a day. Okay maybe more than sometimes.
M and I went to one of our favorite breakfast places on Sunday and on Sunday's there is a farmers market that goes on during the morning. So, we strolled down to the farmstand end and I saw great looking tomatoes. I got 4 yummy looking ones. I also got a basket of jalapenos. All for $2.50! I love farmers markets.
Recipe:
Ripe tomato
Fresh mozzarella
Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
Slice tomato and mozzarella
Arrange on plate
Drizzle with blasamic vinegar
Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked pepper
Eat with gusto

2 comments:

Bruce Penman said...

That is definitely one of our favorite meals (or pre-meals). But what happened to the EVO? The balsamic vinegar is usually optional, but the EVO is a default standard!!! AND... It's extremely heart-healthy!!!

Always looking out for you,

Uncle Jerk

Rachel said...

Ha ha...I appreciate it. I like more acid than oil. It just seems too greasy to me. Even on salads, I usually only use vinegar.

Oh, and no basil either. I hate basil!